Portable UV Light Water Purifier
Whether your source is a woodland brook or an overseas hotel tap, the SteriPEN Aqua purifies clear water by destroying viruses, bacteria and protozoa including Giardia and Cryptosporidium in seconds. Carry this SteriPEN Aqua to disinfect water wherever you travel, hike, camp or trek. It’s the fastest route to pure, safe drinking water anywhere.
Microbiological testing has been conducted at the University of Arizona, the University of Maine, the Oregon Health Sciences University and at Hydro-Photon. To date SteriPEN™ has been tested against: E. coli, Salmonella Typhimurium, Poliovirus, Rotavirus, Klebsiella terrigena, Streptococcus faecalis, Bacillus subtilis (vegitative and spore), common yeast, Coliphage MS2, Giardia and Cryptosporidum. Testing shows that SteriPEN meets the standard as set forth in the U.S. EPA Guide Standard and Protocol for Testing Microbiological Water Purifiers. SteriPEN™ has been shown to destroy in excess of 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of viruses and 99.9% protozoa.
- The innovative SteriPEN™ Aqua system uses UV light rays instead of chemicals to purify water for drinking.
- It can be used to disinfect water wherever you travel, hike, camp or trek.
- Proven in the field by Appalachian Trail thru-hikers and Everest climbers.
- Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute, or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half.
- Features a comfortable texture in your hand and scratch resistance in harsh environments.
- Requires no pumping, chemicals, test strips, extended time-keeping or filters; leaves no aftertaste, will not clog and does not require lubrication.
- Small size fits most containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens; carries easily in a shirt pocket.
- SteriPEN™ Aqua turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete.
- Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; twist-off cap permits easy battery access
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit's light will not damage eyes or skin.
- Lamp life: 3,000 liters - 2 liters per day for over 4 years.
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82.2g)
- Size: 7.3" (L) X 1.7" (W) X 1.7" (H)
- Battery: Uses 4 AA Alkaline/Lithium/NiMH Batteries (not included)
- Battery Life : Up to 200 treatments (16oz./0.5L)
- UV Lamp Life: 3,000 treatments